Do you want to know what Gastric Sleeve Surgery exactly is? And what is the average monthly weight loss after gastric sleeve surgery? Like how much weight will you lose after 2 weeks after 1 month or 3 months? Or want to know how many days it will take for you to lose 100 pounds after Gastric Sleeve Surgery? Then this informative article is for you. You will learn in detail about weight loss after Gastric Sleeve Surgery with detailed analysis and a proper weight loss chart.
Whether you are living in Australia, the US, Canada, the UK, or in any country weight gain is a very common health issue for people around the globe. No matter on which continent or in which country you are living no matter what is your ethnicity, all of us or most of us face this weight gain issue during our lifetime. Some people have obesity since their childhood and some people gain after a certain age. But in every age obesity can be dangerous and can be the reason for many health issues like heart problems, high blood pressure, blood vessel blockage, high cholesterol, and many more.
But as human health problems have increased over time, medical science has also progressed a lot in its field. Medical science has found a cure for many dangerous diseases. Obesity is also one of those diseases. There are plenty of medical and non-medical ways for weight loss. Like you can use a weight loss supplement like Burn Boost, which a quite popular in the USA these days and works amazingly. Or you can go with strict weight-loss diets like only a smoothie diet for 21 days or a low-carb diet like a keto diet for weight loss. Or you can even go with medical ways like Gastric Sleeve Surgery for weight loss.
Table Of Contents
What Is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
First, let me inform you that Gastric Bypass & Gastric Sleeve are both different weight-loss surgeries. In Gastric Bypass surgery, the surgeon makes a small pouch that bypasses most of your stomach and straight goes into the intestines.
But in Gastric Sleeve Surgery, doctors remove about 75% to 80% of your stomach or more in some cases. In this surgery, doctors remove the portion of your stomach and join the remaining stomach portion together. After the process, you have a new banana-sized small stomach which is also called “SLEEVE”. After the Gastric Sleeve Surgery, you are only left with 20-25% of your original stomach. So, as a result, you won’t be able to eat as much as you used to eat before the surgery. In this stomach removal process, part of the stomach is also removed which makes appetite-boosting hormones.
Who Can Opt For Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Only people with “excess weight” or high obesity should go for Gastric Sleeve Surgery. How you can consider whether you are overweight or not? There is a metric known as BMI (Body Index Mass). BMI is a measurement of a person’s ideal weight based on a person’s height and weight. Anything above your BMI is considered “Excess Weight”. People who have at least 40 BMI or above can consider going for Gastric Sleeve Surgery. 40 BMI means that you are at least 100 pounds above the limit of your ideal weight. You can check your BMI by this BMI Calculator.
How Does The Gastric Sleeve Surgery Happen?
The whole surgery only takes about 1 hour. But after the surgery, you will have to be at the hospital resting for 2-3 days. The process starts with the doctor making a small cut in your belly and then through this cut doctor will send a medical instrument called a laparoscope that has a small camera with it which will send images to the monitor. These images will be monitored by the doctor and after the monitoring, the doctor will start the final process of removing the excess stomach. And after removing the portion of your stomach surgeon will finally start the process of reattaching the rest of your stomach. And most importantly, this is a permanent process.
Average Monthly Weight Loss After Gastric Sleeve
The majority of the people who have undergone Gastric Sleeve Surgery for weight loss, lose on average 2 to 4 pounds (1 – 1.8 kgs) per week for the first 6 months. So, in a month you can expect to lose anywhere between 8 to 16 pounds of weight. You lose more weight in starting months just after the surgery. This happens due to your eating habits and eating amount changes from regular. You can expect from 8 to 16 pounds of weight loss per month for the first 6 months after the surgery to lose up to 60% – 65% of your total excess fat in the first year.
The speed of weight loss gradually slows down but you can carry on the effect with the proper diet and regular exercising. You just can not depend totally on surgery. To keep off the weight from your body, you have to be active and you should eat healthy food, too.
Below is the chart from that you can have an idea about weight after gastric sleeve surgery.
- 1st Month: You Can Expect To Lose Weight Up To 16 Pounds
- 2nd Month: Weight Loss Will Be Slightly Slow Down. This Month You Can Expect To Lose 14-15 Pounds.
- 3rd Month: More Slow Process. Weight Loss Up To 12 Ponds.
- 4th Month: Weight Loss Expectation Up To 10 Pounds.
- 5th Month: Up To 7 Pounds.
- 6th Month: You Can Expect a Total of 50% – 60% Excess Fat Loss In The First 6 Months.
Things To Keep In Mind After Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Not everyone who goes under Gastric Sleeve Surgery sees the same results. The final results can be different for different people. Because we all have different bodies, every individual’s body reacts differently to the process. But everyone who has undergone gastric sleeve surgery should make a change in their lifestyle. Changes like staying more active and eating more healthy foods so you can keep off those extra pounds from your body.
Below Are Some Suggestions For The People Who Have Just Undergone A Gastric Sleeve Surgery:
- Low Carb Diet: Carbohydrates slow down the fat-burning process. And boosts hunger. So if you eat more carbs then you will feel more hungry. This will ruin your weight loss goal. You will have to be on a low-carb diet. You can try this customized keto diet. This is one of the best low-carb diets. Even a regular person who wants to lose weight without any surgery and naturally can try this low-carb custom keto diet.
- Less Sugar: You will have to use sugar as much low as possible. Sugar increases the fat in our bodies. Stay away from sugary drinks and carbonated drinks. And drink more water.
- Stay Active: Apart from diet, the other thing that is important for weight loss is how active your lifestyle is. You can not expect to lose weight if you spent all your day lying on the sofa. Staying active doesn’t mean you will have to do intense workout spending and sweat for hours in the gym. A simple walk for an hour a day is also very good exercise. Or you can swim, run, cycle or do cardio or can go to the gym. Whatever you like. You can even do simple stretching exercises at home. like this one here.
- Think: This is the most important part. You have to think about your health and your future health after the surgery. Weight loss surgery is only advisable when your weight is very dangerous for you and if you have reached the limit of surgery, then you must have to think about yourself. Prepare your mind for staying healthy. If possible find and join a group of people who have the same thinking.
Apart from all these things, there are some eating habits, too that you have to implement in your eating habits. These eating habits will help you in the easy digestion of your food after the surgery. Below are some tips.
- Always try to drink liquids only half an hour after finishing your meals.
- Try not to drink anything while you eat.
- Chew your food thoroughly. If possible chew 30-50 times before swallowing.
- Avoid high-calorie and junk foods.
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks.
- Don’t forget to take your medicine every day.
Risks Associated With Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Every surgery has mild or very few risks associated with it. After undergoing Gastric Sleeve Surgery, a patient may face bleeding or infection. Or in some rare cases, patients may face a leak along the staple line. The last one is very rare though. Right after the surgery, you may have constipation, nausea, or vomiting. You must avoid certain types of foods just after the surgery and throughout the period of bed rest and recovery. You have to take your medicine on time to avoid any serious issues. And do as your doctors advise you to do.
17 thoughts on “Monthly Chart Of Weight Loss After Gastric Sleeve Surgery”
Pingback: Nikki Duval Weight Loss. Workin Moms's Rosie Before-After Photos.
Pingback: What Is Weight Management And Nutrition? Dietary Plan To Lose Weight.
Pingback: Chrissy Metz Weight Loss 2022. The 7 Secret Tips Chrissy Share?
Pingback: Chrissy Teigen Weight Loss. Diet Or Surgery? Before & After Pics.
Pingback: Red Mountain Weight Loss. Reviews, RM3, Cost, Meal Plans, Locations