You want to get rid of those extra pounds. You search on the internet on Reddit on how to lose belly fat, how to reduce stomach fat. And you get results like “LOSE BELLY FAT IN 2 DAYS, 3 DAYS, IN A WEEK IN 2 WEEK, LOSE WEIGHT IN 21 DAYS” etc… But are they even helpful? Are they even healthy? Are they even natural? Here we will discuss the healthy ways of losing weight, reducing belly fat, removing visceral fat, your side fat, your subcutaneous fat, your side fat, your waist fat every part of your body.
If you are going through the dilemma of weight loss then I can assure you will definitely have a clear idea about how you can lose weight, reduce your belly fat, remove your side waist extra pounds naturally and in a healthy way after reading this 5-minute article.
The weight loss industry is full of myths. You get many gurus discussing diets, supplements, weight management and exercises for weight loss. But nobody tells you the right way the proven way the scientific way to lose belly fat faster. You get many weight loss advice but most people don’t know the 80:20 formula of fat burning. The 80:20 formula is in fat burning process 80% depends on what you eat and how you control your calories and 20% depends on your daily lifestyle and being active like cardio or normal home exercises or even daily walking and running.
But before going to the main point you must learn that how you gain weight, and what your common mistakes can increase the risk of you being obese and for other health risks, too.
Why Do You Gain Weight?
You are doing the regular things. The routine life. But your weight is increasing and it is very very frustrating when you don’t know the exact reason why your weight is increasing day by day. While the diet is the biggest contributor to weight gain there are also other things that are causing weight gain to you.
- You are eating too many highly processed foods like sugary cereals, fast food, and microwave dinners, etc…
- You consume too much sugar like candy, cakes, soda, sports drinks, ice cream, iced tea, and sweetened coffee drinks, etc…
- A physically inactive lifestyle like you have a desk job, or you spent your whole day sitting in front of your T.V. or computer.
- You don’t sleep enough. We have explained the whole issue below in this article about lack of sleep and weight gain, so, continue reading.
- You stress out. Stress is a very common problem associated with weight gain.
- You eat too many calories.
Common Health issue With Weight Gain
- High blood pressure (Hypertension).
- High LDL cholesterol.
- Low HDL cholesterol.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Heart disease.
- Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders.
- Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning.
These are some of the health risks which comes with weight gain.
What is Weight Gain?
Weight gain is actually a process of an increase in calories in your body. You intake calories throughout the day by eating and drinking and you burn calories by doing daily work like running, cooking, jogging, walking, speaking in short you burn calories throughout the day, too. But when you intake more calories than you burn than those extra calories left in your body in your system creates weight gain.
So, for weight loss it is very simple you have to burn more calories than you intake and this process is called a calorie deficit. Ideally, you should focus on 500 calories deficit per day for healthy and natural weight loss. Like if you consume 2500 calories per day then you should try to burn 3000 calories per day.
Below are the 10 proven scientific ways of burning fat and calories faster:
1)- Drink Plenty Of Water, Especially Before Meals
It’s a common belief that drinking water can help you lose weight, and it’s accurate. Drinking water can increase your metabolism by 24–30 per cent for 1–1.5 hours, allowing you to burn a few more calories. In one study, dieters who drank a half-litre (17 ounces) of water around half an hour before meals ate 44 per cent fewer calories and lost 44 per cent more weight than those who didn’t. It’s totally calorie-free, enables your body to burn more calories, and may even help you lose weight if taken before meals.
Water And Your Health
- Improves digestion.
- Helpful in normalizing your blood pressure.
- Prevents constipation.
- Flushes toxins and bacteria from your bladder.
- Regulates body temperature.
How Much Water Do You Need For healthy Body And Weight Loss
- 15.5 cups (3.7 litres) a day for men
- 11.5 cups (2.7 litres) a day for women
This includes the water you get from your foods like fruits and vegetables. You will get around 15-20% of the water your body requires from your meals.
2)- Drink Coffee
Millions of people around the globe have their morning coffee as they get up before doing any other thing. Coffee has an element called Caffeine. And Caffeine in coffee has been proven by various studies to increase metabolism by 3–11 per cent and fat burning by up to 10–29 per cent.
However the drink is most famous for enhancing energy, it can also be healthy and reduce body fat. Coffee, when consumed in moderation but without too much added sugar, can help people lose weight and be beneficial for overall health.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Coffee
- Improves energy level.
- Increases reaction times.
- Boosts brain health.
- Very helpful in fat burning.
- Have essential nutrients like Vitamin-B5, Vitamin-B2, Vitamin-B3, Manganese and potassium.
- May be helpful in lowering type-2 diabetes.
- May protects your lever.
3)- Have Eggs In Your Breakfast
Having to eat whole eggs can always have a variety of health benefits, including aiding in weight loss. According to scientific research, replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you feel full for more time and you will end up eating fewer calories for the next 36 hours while having a protein-rich breakfast also losing weight and body fat. It’s fine if you don’t eat eggs. Any source of high-quality protein for breakfast should suffice.
You get more and more protein from eggs. And protein is the most important nutrient for weight loss. Increasing protein intake in your breakfast improves your metabolism and reduces your hunger pangs.
Benefits Of Having Protein-Rich Breakfast
- Helps you in burning more and faster calories.
- Protein suppresses appetite and causes you to consume fewer calories. ( You Feel Full For Longer)
- Protein reduces calories-in while increasing calories-out.
- Prevent Muscle Loss and Metabolic Slowdown. ( As You Lose Weight Your Body Muscles Are Also Tends To Be Reduced. Protein Prevents That.)
How Much Protein Intake For Healthy Weight Loss?
- 0.7-1 grams of protein for each pound you weigh. (For eg, If You Weigh 80 Pounds Then You Should Take 70-80 Grams Of Protein)
- 1.5-2.2 grams per kilogram. ( If You Consider Kilograms In weight Measuring.)
Foods With High Protein
- Eggs. (1 Large Egg Have 6 Gram Protein.)
- Almonds. (28 Grams Of Almonds Contains 6 Grams of Protein.)
- Oats. (1 Cup Of Oats Have 11 Grams Of Protein.)
- Yoghurt. (170 Grams Yoghurt Have 17 Grams Of Protein.)
- Milk. (1 Cup Of Whole Milk Have 8 Grams Of Protein.)
- Broccoli. (96 Grams Contains 3 Grams Of Protein.)
- Lean beef. (85-gram of lean sirloin steak contains 25 grams of protein.)
- Tuna. (1 Can=142 gram contains 27 grams of protein.)
4)- Drinking Green Tea
Like, coffee green tea also have many health benefits and fat burning or weight loss is one of them.
But even if green tea contains very little amounts of caffeine, it is high in powerful antioxidants known as catechins, which are thought to work in tandem with caffeine to boost the fat-burning process.
Whatever you consume eat or drink, it converts into energy and the process of turning your food into usable energy is called metabolism. Green tea helps you in improving your metabolism.
Green Tea And Your Health
- Improves fat burning process.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Improves brain function.
- Reduces bad breath.
5)- Get Enough Sleep
According to many studies, insufficient sleep is one of the biggest and strongest risk factors for weight gain besides other health issues. It has been linked to an 89 per cent increase in the risk of childhood obesity and a 55 per cent increase in the risk of adult obesity.
The brain chemicals ghrelin and leptin are believed to be essential in appetite regulation. Ghrelin helps promote hunger, while leptin helps your body and mind in feeling full. During the day, the body automatically increases and decreases the amounts of these chemicals in the brain.
Studies have proven that lack of sleep can increase the chemical Ghrelin and decreases the level of Leptin automatically.
Sleep And Health Benefits:
- Helps you in avoiding weight gain associated with short sleep.
- Improves metabolism.
- May help you in normalizing your appetite.
- Help you in healthy brain functionality.
- Sleeping early can stop you from late-night snacking.
- Helps you in enhancing physical activities.
- Your muscular power, problem-solving skills and reaction time improve with good sleep.
6)- Have spicy food
Chilli peppers have the element called capsaicin, a spicy substance that can increase metabolism and significantly decrease appetite. This is a more short term way rather than long term weight loss. Because by the time you develop tolerance to the effects of capsaicin. And thus this limits the effectiveness. But for starting you can start with this if you are comfortable with spicy foods.
Spicy Foods And Weight Loss
- Reduces cravings.
- Curb your appetite.
- Boost metabolism.
- Helps in killing bacterias.
- Combat inflammation
Excess of anything can be destructive. So much use of spicy foods can also lead to gastric issues like acidity ulcers in the stomach.
7)- Stay Active
Whether is just taking stairs instead of lifts or running 1 mile a day. Just try to stay active. Do some cardio some aerobics at home. You will find many weight loss and stretching exercises which you can do at home easily. Many health and fitness trainers suggest that you must do at least 150 minutes of workout throughout the week.
Easy Home Activities And Exercises For Weight Loss
- Walking: 30 minutes of simple walking at a moderate pace of 4 mph can burn up to 167 calories for a person weighing around 155 lbs or 70 kgs.
- Jogging/Running: 30 minutes of running at 5 mph can burn approx 298 calories for a person weighing around 155 lbs or 70 kgs. And the same person will burn 372 calories for running at 6 mph speed.
- Cycling: 30 minutes of cycling at 13-14 mph will burn around 298 calories for a person with a weight of 155 pounds or 70 kgs
- Swimming: 30 minutes of backstroke burns 296 calories, breaststroke burns 371 calories, butterfly burns 407 calories for the person weighing around 70 kilograms or 155 pounds.
- Yoga: 30 minutes of practising easy yoga steps can burn 169 calories for a person who has a weight of around 70 kilograms or 155 pounds.
8)- Have More Vegetables and Fruits
Fruits and vegetables have very few calories and more fibre. And as you know fibre is one of the most important nutrients for weight loss. Fruits and vegetables have a high element of water in them so consuming more fruits and vegetables have 2 benefits on your body first you feel full for a longer time and the second you stay hydrated.
Benefits Of Fruits & Vegetables
- Improves eyesight.
- Very very effective in weight loss.
- Helps to fight diabetes.
- Maintain blood pressure.
- Improves heart health.
Best Fruits For Weight Loss
- Grapefruit: Half of the grapefruit contains 39 calories. High in Vitamin-A & C and low in calories.
- Apples: Average 220 grams of an apple contains 116 calories and 5.4 grams of fibre.
- Berries: Around 150 grams of strawberries contains 50 calories and 3 grams of fibre.
- Kiwifruit: 70 grams of Kiwifruit has around 2 grams of fibre and Vitamin-C & E.
- Watermelon: High in Water content. 160-170 grams contains 45-60 calories.
- Oranges: Provides low calories but high fibre and Vitamin C.
- Bananas: Full of nutrients like potassium, magnesium, manganese and a high amount of fibre. Provides Vitamins-A & B6 & C.
- Avocados: 100 grams contains 160 calories and Vitamin K.
Best Vegetables For Weight Loss
- Leafy Greens: Like collards, spinach, kale, etc…
- Salmon: High-quality protein-rich. Provides fats and various nutrients.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Like broccoli, brussels sprout, cabbage and cauliflower. High in fibre and protein.
- Boiled Potatoes: This makes you feel full for longer times. High in starch resisting and full of fibre.
- Beans: Like black beans, lentils, kidney beans. Very high in protein.
- Whole Grain: Like oats, brown rice, quinoa. Improves metabolic health.
- Zucchini: 1 medium zucchini with skin contains 33 calories, 2 grams of fibre and Vitamin C.
- Jicama: It has 90% water content. 1 cup sliced of jicama has 46 calories.
- Mushrooms: 1 cup of this contains only 19 calories.
- Cucumber: Filled with Vitamin-k, potassium and fibre.
You may have noticed that most of the vegetables we have suggested above contains fibre. Fibre is one of the most important nutrients for weight loss. It makes you feel full for longer. Stopping you from eating over and over.
9)- Take a Glucomannan Supplement
Glucomannan is a type of fibre associated with weight loss which has been proven by many studies. This type of fibre absorbs water and sits in your gut for a time and thus you feel full for longer times. This is how you will not end up eating again and again and eventually have a healthy weight loss.
Benefit Of Glucomannan Supplements
- Relieve constipation.
- Reduces cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Improves weight loss process in overweight adults.
- Relieves gastric issues.
- Helpful in fighting diabetes.
10)- Keep Healthy Foods Around You
You want to lose weight and you tried all those above 9 points but still, your hunger pangs are not getting stopped. You end up eating more. Then in this situation, you must do this last point the 10th point to keep healthy foods around you in case you feel hungry often.
This is the only way to lose weight while you enjoy eating. You have to keep it in mind. And this method prevents you from eating anything unhealthy.
Final Words: How To Lose Belly Fat?
The bottom line of this article is that losing belly fat is not a miracle and it won’t happen overnight. You have gained weight in months and in years. You will lose weight but in 2 or 3 days. Even after using the most effective weight loss methods, you will not lose weight overnight. It will take time. Use these above points for risk-free and natural healthy weight loss. You don’t have to start with all of the 10 points but just try to stick to 1 or 2 points whichever is easy for you. Then after gaining some results go for choosing the other 2 steps. And you will definitely see progress in your body weight.